Licorice - an all-round wonder herb
Licorice (also known as liquorice) is an all-round wonder herb and a real skincare superstar. Many gels, serums, cleansers, moisturizers and spot correctors contain licorice root extract. Read on to find out about its many skincare benefits.
- It brightens your complexion: Licorice root extract is known for its skin brightening properties, which means that it will help even out your skin tone and restore the natural radiance of your skin. An easy way to incorporate the ingredient in your skincare routine is to use licorice tea mixed in with fuller’s earth (multani mitti) as a face mask.
- It is the cure for a variety of skin ailments: Licorice is known for its excellent skin healing properties. A true wonder herb, licorice has anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-carcinogenic and anti-viral properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for skin problems like eczema, psoriasis, rosacea and dermatitis. It is also an intensely hydrating ingredient, so it works very well to heal dry, dehydrated and irritated skin.
- It lightens scars and blemishes on the skin: Licorice is a popular choice as an ingredient in serums, creams and moisturizes because it is seen to fade spots and blemishes and even out the skin tone with regular use. It has also been seen to reduce the effects of suntan and sunburn.
- It has anti-ageing properties: Packed with antioxidants, licorice helps to control the damage that is caused by free radicals. This means that the use of skincare products that contain licorice is likely to delay the onset of fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of premature skin ageing.
- It protects your skin against UV damage: Apart from protecting your skin against sun damage, licorice is also a great ingredient to help your skin heal from the effects of UV damage. Glabridin, which is one of the three miracle compounds in licorice, protects your skin against pigmentation caused by the UVB rays of the sun. Drinking licorice tea on a regular basis is another way to protect your skin against UV damage. Licorice root extract is also used in sunscreen lotions for the effective protection that it offers against the harmful UV rays of the sun.
Like we always say, read ingredient lists before you pick skincare products & when you see licorice on it, you know you're picking goodness!
NEW: Tan Busters Combo - Face Scrub + Face Mask
NEW: Plum Chamomile and White Tea Ban The Tan Combo - SPF50 + Face Scrub + Face Mask
NEW: Plum Chamomile and White Tea Tan Busters Combo - Face Scrub + Face Mask
NEW: Plum Chamomile and White Tea Brighten-Up Face Scrub