It’s summer time and the sun is playing havoc on our skin! Plus pollution and dust continue to be our skin’s greatest enemies. Result: Dull, greasy, and tanned skin. In such weather, it’s best to give our skin deep cleansing at least once a week. And the best way to do that, is by using a face mask! Just like you give your hair a spa/ a little extra pampering on the weekend, face-packing at home will take you a long way!
Now, there are a lot of types of masks available in the market. Today, we are going to be talking about mud-based pack.
Firstly, why do you need to apply Mud Mask? Because Plum People say so? Haha! No! Because a mud mask offers lots of benefits that very few other skin products can:
- Cleanses and exfoliates skin
- Tightens skin and cools it down
- Gives instant brightness and radiance.
Also because, Plum People know what’s good for you ;)
So what’s it inside mud mask that makes it so good? Well, a lot of things actually. But look for the following when buying your mud mask ‘cause these are the goodies:
- The right mix of clays. Not all clays are made equal. Fuller’s Earth, Kaolin, Yellow Clay and Bentonite are awesome to have in your mud pack.
- Nourishing ingredients like anti-oxidants, minerals and vitamins that are great for your skin.
And did someone say home facial is elaborate and hard to-do? Just follow the steps below and see how easy it is to pamper your skin at home! Here’s the 2-minute guide to applying mud-pack at home:
- Pull your hair back and secure it with pins/ hair band.
- Wash your face gently with a mild cleanser or face wash.
- You can also scrub your face with a scrub-based mild face wash.
- Pat your face dry. Do not rub your face hard with a towel.
- Put a towel around your neck.
- If you are using a tube packing: Squeeze a small amount on your left palm and start applying the mask on your face, using your right hand fingers. (Other way around if you are left-handed :)).
- If you are using a jar packing: Take out a little amount, from your right finger, and you can directly start applying it on your face. Close lid tightly to prevent drying out.
- If you are using a parlour pack or a pack more than 100 gm in weight, then, ideally you should take out the required quantity in small bowl and then use it. Don’t keep the container open for a long duration.
- Use you index finger, middle finger and ring finger to apply the mask. Alternatively, you could also use a hair-mask brush.
- Your fingers should be slightly damp, not dripping wet.
- Start applying mask from neck and move upwards. Apply all over your face.
- Avoid applying near the eyes and lips. Apply a slightly thicker layer on your forehead and on your chin.
- Now sit back, allow it to dry. Wait for 15-20 mins.
- You can place a couple of cucumber slices (practically suits all skin types) or potato slices (not suitable for sensitive skin) on your eyes. Tea bags are also a good option.
- Try to avoid talking or laughing while the mask is on. Take this time as your break and just relax.
- After 15-20 mins, wash with running water. Splash water generously.
- Pat your face dry with a towel.
- Apply sunscreen (if the sun is still up) or moisturiser, to hydrate your squeaky clean skin.
AND..TA-DA!! Don’t you feel bright already? Want more? Here are some bonus tips:
- If your mask has become dry, you can add a little distilled water or packaged rose water to it. Avoid using plain drinking water or tap water, as it can contaminate the pack.
- If you feel your skin is super dry, adding milk to your mask will be a good idea. Take out the required amount of mask in a separate bowl and then add milk.
- You could also add a small amount of facial toner to your mud mask.
- Mud mask or any other mask is not meant for daily usage (unless otherwise specified on the pack). Remember to use them not more than twice in a week. Reason: exfoliation exposes fresh skin, which needs time to grow. Over-exfoliation makes the skin feel sensitive.
OK - that’s all we’ve got for you this week! Hope you found our 2-minute tutorial helpful. Do keep sharing your comments, other useful tips and feedback. Happy face-packing! Toodles!
Exfoliation - easy & rewarding 2-minute tutorials: Getting your face wash right 2-Minute Tutorials: How to Get a Perfect Cleanse The ABC of CTMP 5 at-home skincare tricks for the weekend
Green Tea Clear Face Mask - click here
Grape Seed & Sea Buckthorn Renaissance Face Mask - click here
Inspired by global best practices in safe natural cosmetics and beauty solutions, Plum is an exclusive, online-only beauty brand. At Plum, we bring together science and product expertise in a harmonious blend. And we give back to nature as much as we take. Designed in London and in the EU, all Plum products are 100% vegan and free of Parabens, DEP, DBP, Propylene Glycol, SLS, PABA, DEA and other harmful chemicals. Plum is available directly from plumgoodness.com. Click here to explore our product range.
1 On-Site Comment
Leave a comment