2-Minute tutorials: how to get a perfect cleanse
Hello peeps! If I asked you what you think is the MOST important part of your skin care regime, what would you say? I bet most of you would say - moisturizing, or protection. Actually, according to many experts, the most important (and basic) part of any skin care regime is CLEANSING. Cleansing not only removes toxins and dirt from your face, it prepares the face for your moisturizer. In this 2-minute tutorial (the first in this series), we give you the heads-up on how to get the perfect cleanse each time - even if you're in a hurry!
Before we dive in to the "how to" of cleansing, just remember the basic purpose of cleansing. It's to get away oil-soluble impurities from your face, before you do anything else, including washing your face. A good cleanser dissolves away external contaminants like makeup, pollution, residues as well as excess sebum (oiliness) from your face without drying it. If you skip the cleansing and head straight to the face wash, you are setting yourself up for a host of problems, including blocked pores, blackheads, acne and oxidation-related problems like dark spots. So remember to cleanse at least once a day - typically end of day.
The copy-book style of cleansing
- Free your face of any wayward hair. Pull them back with clip or a pin.
- Take a small amount of cleansing lotion on your palm. You need only a small amount.
- Apply the lotion to your face, starting from apple of cheeks, chin, then forehead and neck. Massage gently.
- Now take a small cotton ball and moisten it with water.
- Gently rub the moistened cotton ball in small upward-outward circular motion all over your face and wipe it off.
- Don't miss your neck.
- Follow up with Toner.
Cleansing when you are in a hurry – using cleanser only with water
- Press and release a small amount of Cleanser on your palm.
- Apply the lotion all over your face with your finger tips and massage gently. (You should always massage gently, in upward/outward small circular motion.)
- Splash water on your face, rinse thoroughly.
- Gently pat it dry using soft towel.
When you are REALLY in a hurry – Use cleanser only with cottonWe wouldn't recommend this too often...always being in a hurry isn't good in general :P. But it's better than skipping the cleansing altogether!
- Press and release a few drops of cleanser on soft cotton wool.
- Gently wipe off your face and neck in upward -outward circular motion.
- Follow up with Toner and Moisturizer.
So there we go - really simple ways to cleanse your face and get it ready for the next big thing. Remember, proper cleansing is the easiest, least expensive way to a bright countenance!
Hello Aloe Gentle Cleansing Lotion