5 Early morning beauty hacks
Need some quick relief from dark circles? Or a morning skincare routine for great skin? Find these (and more!) here.
1. How Can I Handle Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles?
It may not be possible to make dark circles disappear instantly. Preventing them is the best solution. But here are some measures that can give some immediate relief and also reduce these issues over time.
Ice Packs: Apply ice-packs to the affected area-keep them on for around 10 minutes.
Sliced Cucumbers: Or, instead of ice-packs, put sliced cucumbers over the area for 10 minutes. Refrigerated cucumbers are a good idea too.
Follow the above tips to reduce irritation, if any.
Using Creams for Dark Circles: Use a specialized cream for dark circles, if it helps.
Note: But make sure the cream does not contain ingredients that can be harmful or irritating for you! Read and understand the ingredients, at least the first few before picking it.
Concealing Dark Circles: Eyeliners and concealers can be used effectively to conceal dark circles or to make them appear less prominent.
2. How Can I Manage Messy Hair in the Morning?
The main issue with hair-across different hair types seems to be tangles and the simple solution is gentle combing.
Gently Removing Tangles: Comb/brush hair gently,till you’ve removed all or most of your tangles.
Tying up Hair: Tie up your hair-so that it doesn’t fall on your face or get in your way while you’re getting ready.
Here are some things you can do during the week to keep your hair in good condition:
- Oil hair regularly during the week
- Keep your combs and hair brushes clean
- If you use hair sprays or other products to set hair, make sure they’re not harming/troubling your hair in any way and that their ingredients are safe for your use.
- Don’t over use such products-even if they are safe. Use according to the recommended frequency.
3. What Face Care Routine Can I Follow in the Morning?
Cleansing: Cleanse your face twice a day! Once in the morning, once in the evening-to get rid of the dirt your face may have accumulated during the day.
Toning: Use a toner immediately after your face wash. It’s a good idea to include a toner in your routine to shrink pores and tighten up skin. Follow it up with moisturizer.
Moisturizing: A very important step to keep skin hydrated and nourished. Also, apply sunscreen just before stepping out of the house to protect yourself from harmful UV rays, which are present in all seasons, not just summer.
- face wash/cleanser-a good, mild one that suits your skin type
- toner- non-astringent with no harmful chemicals
- moisturizer-one that suits your skin type
- sunscreen (if you’re stepping out)-for all seasons, even winter!
4) How Important is Breakfast for My Skin?
Not Skipping Breakfast: Carbohydrates = energy for the day and fruits/vegetables/glass of water (over the long-term) = smoother, younger looking skin! Don't want to miss out on that, do we?
5) Any One Tip I Can Use to Ensure Great Skin?
Yes, there is!
Drinking Enough Water: Lack of moisture in your skin can cause it to look older and drier over the long term. It is usually recommended to have one glass of water first thing in the morning. Consult your doctor or dermatologist and observe your own lifestyle to know the ideal water intake for you.
Hope that helped :) Stay happy, stay awesome!
Green Tea Pore Cleansing Face Wash
Green Tea Alcohol-Free Toner
Chamomile and White Tea Calming Antioxidant Toner
Chamomile and White Tea Skin Revival Face Wash
Hello Aloe Gentle Cleansing Lotion
Green Tea Mattifying Moisturizer
Chamomile & White Tea Sheer Matte Day Cream SPF50
Related Reads:Is Your Skin Winter Ready?
How to look office-ready in 7 minutes flat!
2-minute tutorials: Getting your face wash right
Preventing blackheads: It's easier than you think!
Are you making these 5 winter skincare mistakes?
Dry patches on oily skin: here’s how Monika solved it!